For details or to apply, click here.
Omaha, NE, US
The Training and Development Manager is responsible for all internal team member's professional development and overseeing client end-user training curriculum.
This position assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives, meet compliance requirements, and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for team members.
This position manages the process to creatively design, develop, implement, and evaluate effective methods to educate learners, enhance performance, and recognize performance.
- Conducts training and development needs assessments
- Develops training and development programs and objectives
- Develops and organizes training manuals, multimedia visual aids, Learning Management System (LMS) courses and curriculum and other educational materials for internal and external learners
- Administers training spending against the departmental budget
- Obtains and / or develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media
- Oversee and actively engages in training and coaching managers, supervisors, and others involved in team member development efforts
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as intranet bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure team members have knowledge of training and development events and resources
- Facilitates classroom instruction for large company initiatives and leadership development
- Evaluates other instructors' performance and effectiveness of training and current programs and curriculum using International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction (IBSTPI) standards and providing recommendations for improvement
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results
- Manages the tracking and oversight of educational programs and curriculum
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Provides curriculum recommendations for LMS
- Provides metrics and reporting from LMS
- Bachelor's degree or associate degree in training or a closely related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Possess the accountability and personal responsibility to own and drive results
- Strong presentation and project management skills
- Ability to work independently and part of a team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as instructional design software
Desired / Preferred Qualifications
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential
- Member of Association for Training and Development (ATD)
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods
- Possess excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and logical problem-solving skills
Travel and Availability to Work
- Travel as needed, up to 25%
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, Microsoft Office applications, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Other Duties / Changes
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities or activities that are required of a team member for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. At any point in time, the essential functions and primary duties associated with this position will be the principal, major or most important duties, responsibilities and activities that the team member is expected to perform as determined and directed by DUMAC.
DUMAC Business Systems, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for employment opportunities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, and all team members will be treated with respect to their employment, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.