Click here to apply.
The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) is seeking a learning and development professional who’s looking to continue their work in developing the best workforce possible. Are you a strategic thinker who specializes in the delivery of highly engaging, top quality learning experiences? If so, the Strategic Training Coordinator position is for you!
At NDOT, we provide the best possible transportation system for the movement of people and goods that promotes safety, mobility, and economic growth, which enhances the quality of life for all Nebraskans. Our culture is vibrant, and teammates feel valued as individuals and as part of our team. We hire good people who share our sense of pride and are excited to make a difference in the lives of fellow Nebraskans.
- Serve as project manager and coordinator of NDOT’s strategic training plan.
- Work with leadership to identify training needs throughout NDOT, conduct needs assessment meetings to identify learning needs and gaps, propose learning program benefits, and work with leadership to identify metrics for success.
- Develop and conduct both classroom and virtual training.
- Identify alternate solutions/learning when delivery challenges arise (materials, content, room set-up).
- Identify, locate, and schedule vendor hosted training.
- Identify target audiences and oversee registrations and attendance.
- Coordinate multiple locations across the state to host training events.
- Form partnerships with other state agencies and private vendors.
- Provide input into, and work within paraments of annual training budget.
- Coordinate, process, and track payments for training vendors.
REQUIREMENTS: Five or more years of experience planning, developing, conducting and evaluating training/employee development/educational program/courses and experience leading or coordinating a staff development program; Bachelor's degree in education, human resources, organizational communication, training and development, or a related field can be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
PREFERRED: Demonstrated project management experience. Experience in adult learning, effective training processes and procedures, Learning Management Systems (LMS), and instructional design. A self-starter, who excels at collaboration with key stakeholders to accomplish substantial results. Experience in online course development. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a face-paced environment. Ability to be proactive, evaluate the effectiveness of training provided, and continually look for process improvements.
OTHER: Some statewide travel will be required. Valid driver’s license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation is also required.