Click here to apply
The Nebraska Department of Transportation is seeking an energetic and enthusiastic facilitator who’s passionate about training and developing the best workforce possible. Are you ready to be a key contributor in the development of people? If so, the Senior Trainer position is for you!
At NDOT, we provide the best possible transportation system for the movement of people and goods that promotes safety, mobility, and economic growth, which enhances the quality of life for all Nebraskans. Our culture is vibrant, and teammates feel valued as individuals and as part of our team. We hire good people who share our sense of pride and are excited to make a difference in the lives of fellow Nebraskans.
- Design and facilitate learning programs that target learning objectives and required job competencies that cover technical to complex professional job roles, for both individual contributors and leaders.
- Create, implement, facilitate, and manage training initiatives that align to NDOT’s goals and budget.
- Collaborate and communicate across all levels of NDOT.
- Conduct needs assessment meetings to identify learning needs and gaps across NDOT.
- Consult with customers, leadership, and other agencies to propose learning program benefits and to determine metrics for success.
- Identify proper learning methods for successful knowledge transfer. Methods include lecture with audio-visuals, group discussions, demonstrations, and practice sessions with feedback and role play.
- Incorporate adult learning best practices to deliver learning that is active, relevant and draws on experiences of adult learners.
- Check learner comprehension and understanding throughout the learning initiative. After learning takes place, follow-up using observations and consultation to verify that learning objectives were met.
- Review and adjust learning programs to ensure relevance, accuracy, and up to date information. May require further learner development after learning session to include personal development plans and coaching.
REQUIREMENTS: Two years of experience and/or training in planning and presenting information and/or education to others through formal training, workshops, seminars, or other instructional venues; Bachelor’s degree in education, human resources, organizational communication, training and development or related field may be substituted for experience.
PREFERRED: Course development experience, including facilitator led (traditional classroom), facilitator led e-learning (virtual classroom), and self-directed e-learning (video tutorial) formats. An excellent facilitator who brings passion and enthusiasm. Knowledge of theories and effective approaches for delivering training to adult learners. Ability to be proactive, evaluate the effectiveness of training provided, and continually look for process improvements.
OTHER: Some statewide travel will be required. Valid driver’s license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation is also required.